Mark Hart Sunday Senior Cup

Sponsored by M. A. Hart Asphalt & Macadam


Sponsored by M.A.Hart Asphalt & Macadam Ltd.


Thursday 16th March 2017 at Hurn Bridge

Thursday night’s MARK HART SUNDAY SENIOR CUP FINAL at Hurn Bridge between arguably the two best Hayward Sunday League sides certainly lived up to expectations with Talbot Rangers coming back from a goal down to get the better of Abbey 2-1.

A minutes silence was observed before the game in tribute to Kevin Peat, the brother of Talbot Rangers’ Dominic Falco, who had tragically lost his life earlier in the month

It was Falco who was the first to test the Abbey ‘keeper with a 20 yard effort and the Abbey defence had an early taste of what was to come in the 10th minute when Mickey Finch cut inside from the left to fire a shot narrowly wide.

In the 22nd minute Dan Jeffries headed the ball on for Finch whose curling shot from 20 yards was saved by Luke Dawe in the Abbey goal while, at the other end, Nathan Clark had to be off his line quickly to repel an Abbey attack.

Abbey took the lead after 25 minutes when Rangers failed to clear a corner from the right and Gary Shears pounced on the loose ball to steer it home.

Falco played Jeffries in after 42 minutes but the Abbey defence, which was well marshalled by Jamie Moores, quickly closed ranks to snuff out the danger.

Abbey skipper Sean Griffiths was cautioned for late challenge on Mickey Finch on the stroke of half time, giving Marcus Cullen the opportunity to swing the resultant free kick into the penalty area. Brad Aspin just failed to get his head to the cross but Sami Garcia came in behind him to equalise from close range before celebrating with an acrobatic double somersault.

The game continued to be played at a high tempo after the interval and Abbey’s Dan Manuel played the ball back to Kev Collins whose lob from distance just curled away from top corner.

Mickey Finch was causing the Abbey defence all sorts of problems, his long range effort bringing a diving save from Luke Dawe and the Abbey ‘keeper was then at full stretch to get his finger tips to a blistering effort from Finch in the 54th minute which cannoned against the crossbar.

Sam Lanahan got behind the Rangers defence in the 64th minute to drive a shot just over the crossbar before Abbey found themselves under pressure again with Finch creating an opening for Falco to hammer a shot against the crossbar.

Rangers finally got the breakthrough in the 67th minute when Mark Pudney cut the ball back perfectly to Kieron Arif on the edge of the box and the Rangers skipper found the far corner of the net through a crowd of players.

Falco and Finch continued to give the Abbey defenders a torrid time and Falco drilled in a hard low shot which was blocked by a defender’s outstretched leg in the 85th minute.

Abbey’s Mark Dykes was cautioned for a late challenge on Rangers substitute Mark Rourke in the 86th minute and, when he fouled the same player again in stoppage time, he was shown a second yellow card by referee Dave Green, immediately followed by a red.

Abbey :- Luke Dawe, Chris Payne, Jamie Moores, Mark Dykes, Jack Holland, Dan Manuel, Sam Lanahan, Gary Shears (Marc Vincent 62 mins), Kevin Collins (Dan Fletcher 71 mins), Kenny Strong (John Bates 57 mins), Sean Griffiths.

Unused substitutes :- Gary Vincent and Nick Plank.

Talbot Rangers :- Nathan Clark, Jamie Morgan, Mickey Finch (Jake Younger 88 mins), Brad Aspin, Kieron Arif (Mark Rourke 75 mins), Mark Pudney, Dominic Falco, Marcus Cullen, Joe Sullivan, Dan Jeffries (Callum Palfrey 80 mins), Sami Garcia.

Unused substitutes :- Brett Chandler and Rhys Newman.



Mark Hart Sunday Senior Cup Final 16th March 2017





Thursday 17th March 2016 at Hurn Bridge         

Bournemouth Electric 2  -1 Victoria Cross  a.e.t.

25248123354 5f48efedf0 n













Bournemouth Electric : Matt Hollier, Jamie Beamish, Aaron Corby, Mike Barber, Kayne Daysh, Dave Saunders, Phil Midson (Ali Williams 90 mins), Ryan Ashford (John Taylor 85 mins), Joe Kittle (Ben Hatch 74 mins), Jesse Hodgson, Dan Pidgley.

Thursday17th March 2016



Thursday 19th March 2015 at M. A. Hart Stadium, Hurn Bridge, Christchurch


The top two teams in the Hayward Sunday Premier League went head to head in Thursday night’s eagerly awaited MARK HART SUNDAY SENIOR CUP FINAL at Hurn Bridge and Dan Cann’s hat-trick proved decisive when Patricks emerged 5-2 winners against Cobham Sports.

Patricks opened the scoring after 13 minutes when they broke quickly with ace marksman Luke Stone racing through to slot the ball under the ‘keeper. Stone’s pace took him into the Cobham penalty area again seven minutes later and, when he went sprawling under Sean Griffiths’ challenge, referee Ian Chiddicks pointed to the spot and Dan Cann doubled Patrick’s lead from the resultant penalty kick.

Cobham halved the deficit in the 28th minute when Sam Pekun sped down the left, went past goalkeeper Andy Knights and threaded the ball neatly into the net from an acute angle, past the covering defenders.

Pekun evaded two defenders on the left five minutes before the interval and pulled the ball back to Steve Flynn whose shot was blocked and Patricks immediately went down the other end where Dan Manuel’s corner kick from the left was headed home by Dan Cann.

The lively Pekun went close on two occasions after the break before latching onto a diagonal through ball in the 67th minute and scoring his second goal of the game with a superb strike that flew past Knights.

Dan Cann was brought down just outside the penalty area by Griffiths and the he took the free kick himself, restoring Patricks’ two goal advantage courtesy of a significant deflection.

Luke Stone burst through in the 87th minute and went down after a challenge by goalkeeper Aaron Drayton for which a penalty was eventually awarded. Drayton and Lee Wilkins both saw red in the ensuing protests and, when the spot kick was eventually taken, substitute goalkeeper John McHugh got down well to save Cann’s attempt.

In the third minute of time added on Luke Burbidge had the last word for Patricks when he drilled the ball clinically into the corner of the net from 20 yards.

Cobham’s Sam Pekun was chosen for the Man of the Match award by BDFA President Mike Fowler.

Cobham Sports :- Aaron Drayton, Will Gage (John McHugh 90 mins), Jack Mills, Sean Griffiths, Luke Whittaker, Lee Wilkins, Jamie Moores ((Joe Wood 75 mins), Richie Sands (Jake Ormond 75 mins), Sam Pekun, Steve Flynn, Grant Cormack.

Patricks :- Andy Knights, Phil Ross, Kayne Daysh (Phil Midson 90 mins), Aaron Corby, Keith Whatling (Sean Bartlett 45 mins), Dominic Falco, Tom Willis, Max Wilcock, Dan Cann, Luke Stone, Dan Manuel (Luke Burbidge 45 mins).



Patricks FC winners of the Mark Hart Sunday Semior Cup 2015